Here is my highly reworked M48 Walker Bulldog light tank. While it saw limited combat in the Korean war, its best known use was during Vietnam. The toy had a crude engine and the breach of the main gun. Here is some of my modifications:
- fully reworked engine bay to add air intake, oil and transmission coolers, control linkage, injector lines, etc.
- added complete drivers compartment to include gages, controls, bulkhead, periscopes, etc.
- added the main ammo storage bins to the right of the driver and front of the gunner.
- Added loaders ready rack as well as shells (.17 HMR worked well).
- created canvas gun mantlet cover.
- created APU exhaust.
- corrected function of main gun storage clamp.
- complete repaint (inside and out) then weathered.
- corrected (added) various handles, fender bracing, tie-downs (sides of turret).
- created cleaning rod and brushes, firing point survey stakes (red and white striped).
- purchased and modified various boxes, tarps, rolls, and painted then applied to tank.
- added brushes, rags, c-rations, LSA and RBC cans, manuals and maps to storage bins.
There is much, much more but cannot remember it all.
The first photos show the engine and drivers compartment with only little modifications. I do not have any clear photos of their completion. I will get some of requested. I am happy with the results, here it is:
Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017 15:53:24 GMT -5 by drums01